This winter I used Remind to send parents and students notifications of extra-credit learning tasks I had posted on my class blog. I encouraged students to continue learning when school was not in session. The list below is just one example of these interactive activities.
1. Abraham Lincoln’s Crossroads – For Advanced Middle School and High School Students
Abraham Lincoln’s Crossroads is an educational game based on the traveling exhibition Lincoln: The Constitution & the Civil War, which debuted at the National Constitution Center in June 2005.
2. Kids Portrait – George Washington: A National Treasure – For Elementary Students
3. Presidents’ Day Exclusive Videos from History.com – For all students
Since my students are off this week, I embedded this video on my class blog with a short response writing task. I then sent a Remind notification to parents informing them of this extra-credit opportunity.
4. PBS KIDS GO! WayBack – Presidents: The Secret History – For all students
via PBS Kids
5. Presidential Trivia – For all students
via Fact Monster